1) INFORMATION ON THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND CONTACT DETAILS OF THE CONTROLLER
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. In the following, we will inform you about how we handle your personal data when you use our website. Personal data in this context is all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The person responsible for data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) is:
European Lighting Expert Association (ELEA)
c/o Schweizer Licht Gesellschaft (SLG)
The controller is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
1.3 This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or enquiries to the controller). You can recognise an encrypted connection by the string “https://” and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2) DATA COLLECTION WHEN VISITING OUR WEBSITE
During the mere informational use of our website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called “server log files”). When you call up our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you reached the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymised form)
The processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data is not passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files retrospectively if there are concrete indications of illegal use.
In order to make visiting our website more attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your terminal device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after you close your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your end device and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognise your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process certain user information such as browser and location data and IP address values to an individual extent. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie.
If personal data is also processed by individual cookies implemented by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO either for the execution of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO to protect our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website as well as a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
We may work with advertising partners who help us to make our website more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website (third-party cookies). If we cooperate with aforementioned advertising partners, you will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the information collected in each case within the paragraphs below.
Please note that you can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies and can decide individually about their acceptance or can exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general. Each browser differs in the way it manages cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You can find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/de-DE/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Please note that if you do not accept cookies, the functionality of our website may be limited.
4) WEB ANALYTICS SERVICES
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. This website uses Google Analytics exclusively with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”, which ensures anonymisation of the IP address by shortening it and excludes direct personal reference. The extension means that your IP address is shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. In these exceptional cases, this processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. b DSGVO on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behaviour for optimisation and marketing purposes. Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Please note that this website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()” and therefore IP addresses are only processed in abbreviated form in order to exclude direct personal references.
Personal data is collected when contacting us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail). Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for the purpose of answering your request or for contacting you and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing this data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If your contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) lit. b DSGVO. Your data will be deleted after your request has been processed. This is the case when the circumstances indicate that the matter in question has been conclusively clarified and provided that there are no statutory retention obligations to the contrary.
6) USE OF CUSTOMER DATA FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter
If you register for our e-mail newsletter, we will regularly send you information about our offers. The only mandatory data for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of further data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for sending the newsletter. This means that we will only send you an e-mail newsletter once you have expressly confirmed that you consent to receiving newsletters. We will then send you a confirmation e-mail asking you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter in future by clicking on an appropriate link.
By activating the confirmation link, you give us your consent for the use of your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. When you register for the newsletter, we store your IP address entered by your Internet service provider (ISP) as well as the date and time of registration in order to be able to trace any possible misuse of your e-mail address at a later date. The data collected by us when you register for the newsletter is used exclusively for the purpose of addressing you in an advertising manner by way of the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided for this purpose in the newsletter or by sending a corresponding message to the responsible person named at the beginning. After unsubscribing, your e-mail address will be deleted from our newsletter distribution list immediately, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or we reserve the right to use your data in a way that goes beyond this, which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this declaration.
7) RIGHTS OF THE AFFECTED
6.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive data subject rights (rights of access and intervention) vis-à-vis the controller with regard to the processing of your personal data, which we inform you about below:
- Right to information pursuant to Art. 15 DSGVO: You have in particular the right to information about your personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection to processing, complaint to a supervisory authority. the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection to processing, complaint to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if it has not been collected from you by us, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing concerning you, as well as your right to be informed about which guarantees exist in accordance with Art. 46 of the GDPR if your data are transferred to third countries;
- Right to rectification in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO: You have a right to the immediate rectification of any inaccurate data relating to you and/or completion of any incomplete data we hold about you;
- Right to erasure in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO: You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data if the conditions of Art. 17 (1) DSGVO are met. However, this right does not exist in particular if the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the accuracy of your data, which you dispute, is being verified, if you refuse the deletion of your data due to unlawful data processing and instead request the restriction of the processing of your data, if you require your data for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims after we no longer need this data after the purpose has been achieved or if you have lodged an objection for reasons relating to your particular situation as long as it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate grounds prevail;
- Right to information pursuant to Article 19 of the GDPR: If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, the controller is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO: You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible;
- Right to revoke consent given in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO: You have the right to revoke consent to the processing of data once given at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will immediately delete the data concerned unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation;
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: If you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR, you have – without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy – the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, workplace or the place of the alleged infringement.
6.2 Right of Objection
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF A BALANCING OF INTERESTS ON THE BASIS OF OUR OVERRIDING LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE AT ANY TIME ON GROUNDS ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CONTINUE PROCESSING IF WE CAN DEMONSTRATE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING WHICH OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ASSERTING, EXERCISING OR DEFENDING LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR THE PURPOSES OF DIRECT MARKETING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR THE PURPOSES OF SUCH MARKETING. YOU MAY EXERCISE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES.
8) DURATION OF THE STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing and – if relevant – additionally by the respective statutory retention period (e.g. retention periods under commercial and tax law).
When processing personal data on the basis of explicit consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO, this data is stored until the data subject revokes his/her consent.
If there are statutory retention periods for data that is processed within the scope of legal or quasi-legal obligations on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (b) DSGVO, this data will be routinely deleted after expiry of the retention periods, provided that it is no longer required for the fulfilment of the contract or the initiation of the contract and/or there is no justified interest on our part in continuing to store it.
When processing personal data on the basis of Art. 6(1)(f) DSGVO, such data shall be stored until the data subject exercises his/her right to object pursuant to Art. 21(1) DSGVO, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
When processing personal data for the purpose of direct marketing on the basis of Art. 6(1)(f) DSGVO, such data shall be stored until the data subject exercises his or her right to object pursuant to Art. 21(2) DSGVO.
Unless otherwise stated in the other information in this declaration on specific processing situations, stored personal data will otherwise be deleted when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.